Whaler constructed a 3 unit pump station for Enbridge’s Woodlands Capacity Project (WCE). Whaler was the General Contractor for this project.
Our scope included the following:
- Civil Earthwork (Rough/Final grading of the entire site c/w the construction of a containment pond)
- Piling (Driven and Screw Piles)
- Concrete (Pump Building Foundation and Misc Concrete)
- Structural Steel (Fabrication and Site Installation)
- Setting of one (1) ESB Building and three (3) VFD Buildings
- A/G & B/G Piping
- Supply and Fabrication of Pipe Spools
- Installation of two (2) 36” Pipeline in a common trench. Tie into existing pipelines
- Installation of all Above Ground Piping (24” Suction/Discharge)
- Piping Insulation & Soft Blankets
- Mechanical Equipment (3 Mainline 5,750 hp pump/motor units)
- Electrical & Instrumentation
Whaler successfully completed the General Construction scope of this project on time and on budget during the Covid-19 pandemic with a total manhour count of 43,000.